Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Not that anyone else really cares...

I realize that what I am about to complain doesn't apply to anyone but me, but it ticked me off. Here's a little bit of background info: At the fine establishment that is Panera Bread, we do catering. Because some orders are very large, the catering person (we'll call her Sally) has her very own "line" with all the things she needs to fill her orders. By line I mean big huge refrigerator thingy that holds pans of everything from sauces to delicious cold cuts. No one but Sally is allowed to use things out of this line, but Sally does not stock her line. The people who close at night are responsible for it, which is, in itself, ridiculous. It's a giant pain where the sun don't shine.

Now for the part that infuriates me: On Easter Sunday, I was working. I had also worked the day before, both early morning shifts. Needless to say, I didn't want to be there. So 2 o'clock rolled around and I asked if I could leave. I was asked to do the temperature log and then I could leave. So I did it...kinda. No one actually does the thing, it takes forever. So some I took the temp and some i just made up numbers. So I took the temp log to the manager and asked if I could go. Apparently, on Easter, it is a crime to be tired and sad that you're not with your family. I was told that I had to stock Sally's line before I could leave. All because I had asked to leave when my shift was over (ridiculous, I know). Not only do I disagree with having to do it as a closer, but now I was being told to do work that was not my responsibility. It took over an hour. On Easter. Did I mention it was Easter?

The point I'm trying to make is screw Panera. They're overpriced and rude. Your bread and soup is NOT worth my pain and suffering. Keep that in mind next time you have a craving for a panini. Thanks much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment